September 10, 2011

drama for the momma

What a week this has been for us...few!  This past Tuesday I went in for my weekly, OB, routine visit, and I had just told my friend Lindsey at lunch that day I didn't have a good feeling about my apt. Well, am I good or what, because my doctor checked my cervix and I had dilated to 2 cm.  SO...back to the hospital we go.  I was admitted to Memorial Herman Katy, and then transferred to Methodist off I-10 in Katy.  When I was admitted Tuesday, they started me on Magnesium Sulfate "Mag" and I have been on it ever since.  I saw the doctor this morning and I will continue on the Mag until I am 32 weeks, which is not this coming Monday, but the next.  Then, I will take another medication orally to try to hold me off until 34 weeks.  I will be on hospital bed rest until I deliver, so please pray God will give me strength both mentally and physically.  I have been on an emotional roller coaster but I know God will continue to give me the strength I need to get through this. Please pray for Jacy too that God will just be with him as he has 1,000 different rolls he is playing right now-mom, dad, husband, mover, decision maker, supporter, and so many more.  He is so strong and keeps SUCH a positive attitude!  I am really trying to follow his lead with that!

On top of everything I can't be with Landon and we are moving into our new house this next week.  Well, not "we", but our family has really stepped up and been the WORLD to us helping out with everything.  I have never felt so loved in my entire life! 

As I sit here in the hospital bed, what gets me through the day (after I have my pitty party anyways) is that I am not sick.  This isn't a "forever" kind of thing.  Even though it feels like it right now because I am cooped up in this room, I have to remember it is just for a few weeks of my life that I have to keep my legs crossed...haha  What this experience has done for me is opened my eyes up to those that have been or are sick and have to stay in a hostpital for multiple days, with this stupid IV in their arm, and look at these 4 dark walls each and every day.  I completely admire them!  I don't know how they do it, or get through that "dark" time in their life, but I do know that they must be the strongest people God has created!!

I'll keep you posted as things progress.  Pray these sweet babies will hold off at least another 2 weeks!  I know God created them with his own two hands and have complete confidence that He will take great care of them too! 

1 comment:

  1. I've been praying for you Melissa! Your sweet family has a lot on their plate, but God will get you through this. Believe it or not, someday you'll probably have a good laugh about it all... it will be one of those "how on earth did we do it" moments-- but what an exciting time. Bummer about the Mag -- Ugh, I remember that stuff! Just keep your eyes on the end result! :) Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete