September 11, 2011

Day 6...

Well today is day 6.  I'm okay today-well not really, the more I think about it.  Jacy and Landon just left, and as much as I love seeing them, it makes me sad at the same time when they leave.  Today I am looking forward to taking a shower and watching the Texans football game at noon.

The doctor did her rounds this morning so we were able to get a pretty clear picture as to what exactly we should expect.  Yesterday, they bumped me down to 1 gram of Mag since I had been doing okay, but by the end of the day, I was having some pretty strong contractions, so they bumped me back up to 3 grams.  I stayed on 3 grams for 2 hours and then back down to 2.  I have been on 2 grams ever since.  I will LIVE on this stupid medicine until the babies are here.  It's a love hate thing because I feel like poo on the medicine, but at the same time, it is buying time for our babies' lives.  When I went down to 1 gram yesterday it showed us that as soon as my body is taken off the medicine, we will have babies.  My doctor said if she were to take me off per say a Monday morning, we will have babies by Monday evening.  Tomorrow she is bringing me in a paper that shows a bunch of statistics on 32 week old babies vs. 34 week old babies.  Pretty much, she is giving Jacy and I the choice of when we want to have these babies.  Wow...what a decision to make.  I mean, I don't feel like Jacy and I are the ones to make this call.  I guess I will just see how long I can mentally handle this magnesium, but in the back of my mind it is two lives that God has created we are talking about here.  What a spot to be in.  If I were to stay on the mag until I was 34 weeks, that means I would have lived on this medicine for 5 weeks.  I have to keep my body in mind also.  What to do....pray, pray, pray!!

Speaking of praying, thank goodness for Mark Shook T.V.  I've gotta get off the computer so I can get me some good old bible food!!  Lord knows I need it right now.  Mark just said life is hard, but God is good.  I think I need to listen to this one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment