January 10, 2012

End of year 2011...

WOW, what a year we had looking back on it.  It is absolutely amazing when you look back at how much can happen in just one year of your life.  Time is just flying by here on earth.  I heard it in a bible study once perfectly, we are literally just passing through life and are here for a glimpse of time.  If this is just a glimpse of time here on earth, I can't wait to see what Heaven is like!!  Things that have happened in 2011 for us:

1) We sold our first home we built together and moved into our second.
2) lived with Jacy's granny for 6 months
3) received news we were expecting twins
4) Landon turned 2
3) I resigned from being a teacher to stay home with my 3 amazing children
4)  the babies were dedicated at church
5)  "lived" in a hospital bed  for 4 weeks...(boy am I glad that's over)
6) Reese and Grady were in the NICU for 14 days
7) Landon started mother's day out

I'm sure there is more, but I can't think of it right now.  I am so thankful for another year here with my family, but am excited what 2012 will bring.  I am very overwhelmed some days with 3 month old twins and a 2 1/2 year old.  It is a lot to take in, and still sometimes is not real that this is my life.  Do I question God why me sometimes why this is what he had in mind for me?  Well, yes, honestly sometimes I do, but at the end of the day I tell myself to put on my big girl panties and DEAL with it!!!  Truly, what gets me through my difficult days, is just reminding myself everything I do should be to glorify my God!

I am really having to push through this time in my life.  I want to enjoy Reese and Grady as babies, but there are TWO people...TWO!!  It is more like a job you have to be really good at managing.  Get up, feed the babies, Landon needs breakfast, feed the babies, Landon needs lunch and nap, feed the babies, Landon needs a snack, feed the babies, dinner, baths, and it goes on and on.  I continue to pray God will give me the patience and love to poor out onto my children and husband and continue to strive to be an excellent wife.  It's not always easy, but thank goodness the Lord is there to listen to my cries for help!  I seriously could not get through some days, much less, some hours without Him..and a glass or two of wine some nights...seriously!   I think 2012 will be a fun year for us.  The babies will be a little older, Landon will be a little more independent, and I'm ready to get the party started :o)    

1 comment:

  1. 2012 will be a good year for you all. Reese with get hair, Grady will focus on something, and Landon will keep all his toys to himself. :)

    YAY! hahaha. J/k- about some of it....

    AND we will have a house! hopefully.

    ReplyDelete